Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight!

3 posters

Go down

Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! Empty Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight!

Post  Seb 18/8/2008, 9:36 pm

Help!!!

My 1997 F took its MOT last thursday and failed on the o/s/f headlight not producing enough light... Crying or Very sad

Has anyone got one lying around that they want to get rid of?? I've got 10 days to get one and change it before i have to pay for a re-test!

Or being picky, has anyone got a pair of the MGF Trophy headlamps they are getting rid of as i likr these better?

Cheers
Seb
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! Empty Re: Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight!

Post  Rich 19/8/2008, 2:38 am

Hi Seb,

You would pay more for Trophy headlights, so once you get another standard light, why not do the 'Trophy effect' yourself? There are a few people who have done it on here, either going for the standard black surrounds or for colour matched. Have a look when you meet up with us.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight! Empty Re: Urgently Wanted: O/S/F MGF headlight!

Post  Seb 19/8/2008, 6:39 am

Thanks Rich.....Not a bad idea that!

I take it, after you take off the bumber to get to the headlamps, remove the headlamps, its quite easy?

I'll have a look, possibly saturday morning, if i dont have to work!!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/8/2008, 6:46 am

That's about right... The bumper comes off easily and is surprisingly light. Just be careful not to break off the clips that hold the indicators in! If you need a step-by-step, give me a shout.

The advantage with MGF headlights is that the glass is removeable so it's not difficult to take them apart. More fiddly really. Also, you'll need to rub down the silver surround to get rid of the shine so the paint holds. Again, I can give you the step-by-step guide... or even give you a hand!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 19/8/2008, 6:55 am

Got my hands on a step by step already thanks!

I wasn't aware the glass was removeable though...... there was a headlamp on ebay for 20 quid with no glass but it's ended now, if i'd have known I would've hooked myself up! Never mind you learn something new everyday!

Yeah once it's past the re-test i'll get that step by step from you, I have a mate who owns Custom Paintwerx who will be able to spray them for me! He does some rare paintjobs.... I'm thinking Black with large glitter crystals!!! Cool

Cheers for the advice!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/8/2008, 6:58 am

Seb wrote:Black with large glitter crystals!!! Cool
Is it just me, or can anyone else hear Stewarts ears pricking up!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down