Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008

+4
uk kiwis
M77XNE
daved
dressur
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 Empty Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008

Post  Guest 1/8/2008, 6:01 am

Ok, I know a few SMS members are going on this F Register weekend. For details and booking onto the event see http://www.mgcars.org/runnymede-mgoc/mgpitfiles/dayruns2007.htm

I think we have all booked into the Holiday Inn Express - Cardiff Bay (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/cdfba?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/availsearch&ias=y) for the Friday (5th) and Saturday (6th) nights.

If you want to come along as well, then I suggest getting yourself booked into the hotel ASAP and getting your run application form off. Likely to run out of rooms before all of the places for the run have gone!

Staying for the Fri & Sat at the HIExpress - Cardiff Bay
Stewart & Kathryn (MGB GT)
Dave & Moira (MGF)
Dave & Carole (MGF)
Maxine & Ally (MGB Roadster)

Last edited by scubastewart on 1/8/2008, 6:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 Empty Re: Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008

Post  dressur 1/8/2008, 6:13 am

I've just booked the hotel - can you add me and Max to the list
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008 Empty Re: Welsh Weekender - 6th/7th September 2008

Post  Guest 1/8/2008, 6:30 am

Cool, have you sent off you application form to the F Reg? If not, I suggest getting that done pretty soon as well!

What cars you coming in?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 1/8/2008, 6:43 am

scubastewart wrote:Cool, have you sent off you application form to the F Reg? If not, I suggest getting that done pretty soon as well!

What cars you coming in?

Sending it off tomorrow!

You know which car!!!!!!!!!!! and you're clutching at straws - hoping it was a bad dream!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 2/8/2008, 1:07 am

dressur wrote:I've just booked the hotel - can you add me and Max to the list

Brilliant Ladies. The Kiwis, the Pink Ladies, Andy Stewart and Moira Anderson and Terry & June all in the same hotel...........we will have fun Shocked

It is nearly eclipsing how excited I am about Kempenrit today. Embarassed
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2/8/2008, 1:24 am

Dave, it's turning into an MGB run this one. You going to come in the MGB Roadster?!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 2/8/2008, 2:05 am

daved wrote:

Brilliant Ladies. The Kiwis, the Pink Ladies, Andy Stewart and Moira Anderson and Terry & June all in the same hotel...........we will have fun Shocked

I'm SOOOOOOOOo glad that I'll be with yourself and Moira too...We'll have lots of fun I'm sure. I will be able to leave work at 4 and hopefull travel down on the Friday. What time are you leaving Dave? I think I'll have to pick Ally up on the way unless she comes to mine for 4.

I nearly, was very tempted to get my butt over to Germany on sunday, meet up with Herbie and do the Kempenrit trip with you guys...Still very tempted though!
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 2/8/2008, 5:57 am

daved wrote:

Am I counted as one of the first, or the second? I'm more Kiwi than Pink!!

Pink Kiwi if you insist!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 5/9/2008, 7:03 am

Moira and I are meeting Stu and Katherine at 3.45pm at the Lamb & Flag.

Dave, what time are you and Carol setting off at?

The Pink Ladies, I'll guess we will see you down in Cardiff?
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/9/2008, 8:07 am

Dave, when we are in convoy tomorrow, please don't race off ahead in your Trophy 160!!! I might struggle to keep up!!! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 5/9/2008, 8:50 am

scubastewart wrote:Dave, when we are in convoy tomorrow, please don't race off ahead in your Trophy 160!!! I might struggle to keep up!!! Laughing

No change there then!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 5/9/2008, 5:09 pm

dressur wrote:
scubastewart wrote:Dave, when we are in convoy tomorrow, please don't race off ahead in your Trophy 160!!! I might struggle to keep up!!! Laughing

No change there then!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 5/9/2008, 6:38 pm

I don't want to be at work - I want to be in Wales!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 5/9/2008, 7:13 pm

Dave, sorry I missed your posting.

We are intending to set off around 2PM today. A43 A420 eventually M4. Don't want to do M25 as the sat nav says.!
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 5/9/2008, 10:30 pm

uk kiwis wrote:... Don't want to do M25 as the sat nav says.!
What on earth is your satnav at? Did you select motorways only or something? Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 5/9/2008, 10:57 pm

Rich Stone wrote:
What on earth is your satnav at? Did you select motorways only or something? Laughing

Rich

most are set as default, and from there would take you down to M25 then round to M4.... Which is hand as more an more people use satnav's these days keeping the country lanes free for us lots ot tear through on a weekend....... Ah clear country road cant beat it.... Very Happy Cool Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 5/9/2008, 11:54 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:

Rich

most are set as default, and from there would take you down to M25 then round to M4.... Which is hand as more an more people use satnav's these days keeping the country lanes free for us lots ot tear through on a weekend....... Ah clear country road cant beat it.... Very Happy Cool Laughing

Not of course that anyone on this forum endorses speeding on potentially treacherous country roads, or any roads - come to that!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 8/9/2008, 5:52 am

Brilliant weekend all. The company was grate and the food excellent. Hardly any rain and a fabulous drive home on very quiet M4, A34, M40 and A43. Laughing Laughing

I wouldn't want to have been a miner that's for sure. Shocked

Pictures ae here. https://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/mrmedox/Welsh%20Weekender%20Sept%2008/

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 8/9/2008, 6:10 am

Great pics Dave, and a great weekend! Smile Wink

Really enjoyed the drive home, it was good seeing Adrian and a few others on the road eh.

I'm tired now, so i think it is a shower and bed for me.
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 8/9/2008, 6:37 am

Pictures look good, Glad the weather held out for you all.

Not to sound ignorant, but what was there to do there? I couldn't see any pics of activities or shenadigans?
Stiff

http://www.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 8/9/2008, 6:20 pm

We drove up to a coal mine museum and had a guided tour to the coal face. There was then a choice of runs thro the countryside to get back to the hotel. A great dinner followed on Sat evening and then down to the Bay to display the cars on Sunday, see the sights and visit Dr Who, have a brilliant Chinese buffet and then home.

Shenanigans were kept off camera Laughing Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Stiff 9/9/2008, 1:21 am

daved wrote:We drove up to a coal mine museum and had a guided tour to the coal face. There was then a choice of runs thro the countryside to get back to the hotel. A great dinner followed on Sat evening and then down to the Bay to display the cars on Sunday, see the sights and visit Dr Who, have a brilliant Chinese buffet and then home.

Cool! I'll have to try and make the next weekender you guys go to. Very Happy
Stiff

http://www.newgrounds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 9/9/2008, 2:11 am

daved wrote:We drove up to a coal mine museum and had a guided tour to the coal face. There was then a choice of runs thro the countryside to get back to the hotel. A great dinner followed on Sat evening and then down to the Bay to display the cars on Sunday, see the sights and visit Dr Who, have a brilliant Chinese buffet and then home.

S

Shenanigans Dave? I thought we were all very well behaved - unless the 'olders' were up to no good while the 'youngers' were out doing parcours!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 9/9/2008, 2:25 am

dressur wrote:

S

Shenanigans Dave? I thought we were all very well behaved - unless the 'olders' were up to no good while the 'youngers' were out doing parcours!!

I'm saying nothing Neutral What happens in Wales, stays in Wales Shocked Laughing
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 9/9/2008, 6:22 am

daved wrote:
dressur wrote:

S

I'm saying nothing Neutral What happens in Wales, stays in Wales Shocked Laughing

Oh THAT!! Definitely shouldn't say anything about that one!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next