Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Seems tailgating isn't just for............ I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Seems tailgating isn't just for............

4 posters

Go down

Seems tailgating isn't just for............ Empty Seems tailgating isn't just for............

Post  Captain Jack 24/6/2008, 3:24 am

Seems tailgating isn't just for............BMW drivers!

Driving back home through chicksands as a MG ZS, decides it wants a closer look @my golden barge.

That close he could have licked the back of my neck! Evil or Very Mad

Its not like he/she was gonna overtake!

So blipped the throttle n took off with turbo whistling. Twisted Evil (At this point i was reminded that my new disc's, pads, n tyres haven't been run in!!)

Is there really any need to be THAT close?!?! Question

My little rant over!!!!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Seems tailgating isn't just for............ Empty Re: Seems tailgating isn't just for............

Post  Dark Knight 24/6/2008, 6:56 pm

Well you have been busy modding then!! Turbo!! Soume people are still working on that for the F / TF........... Arhhhhhh i have just twigged you were talking about the volvo.... tut tut tut in an MG forum too...... Laughing

Only kidding........ it doesn't make any difference what they drive the plonkes will still drive too close!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Seems tailgating isn't just for............ Empty Re: Seems tailgating isn't just for............

Post  Captain Jack 25/6/2008, 3:48 am

Turbo's are easy to fit, i dunno why everyone has so much trouble fitting them to an MG!

A turbo does not have to be in the engine bay!!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 25/6/2008, 6:18 am

marcus mgf wrote:Turbo's are easy to fit, i dunno why everyone has so much trouble fitting them to an MG!

A turbo does not have to be in the engine bay!!

yes ok so you fit one but what about the extra heat a turbo will generate in the engine..... its not always fitting the turbo thats the problem its keeping the engine cool enough!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 25/6/2008, 6:20 am

it doesn't have to be anywhere near the engine, it will still work, on the down pipe below the manifold. so no need for the engine to need extra cooling!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 25/6/2008, 6:25 am

as its already fitted on the escape pipe, i.e. the start of the pipe leading to the first part of exhaust, its already away from the engine so all the gas is escaping and being "spun" once its aleady left the engine on the way out thru the exhaust
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 26/6/2008, 5:48 am

Aren't you better off with a supercharger? Although a supercharger has to be fitted where the belt can reach the engine (as with the alternator) therefore probably in the engine bay, a turbocharger causes some amount of back pressure in the exhaust system and tends to provide less boost until the engine is running at higher revs. Would the back pressure caused by the turbo not precipitate HGF?

Superchargers are easier to install but tend to be more expensive.
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 26/6/2008, 5:54 am

It shouldn't do, as in most cases the air compression mix of the exhaust escape ( backbox and/or cat ) SHOULD, sort itself out and not cause any problems.

Superchargers are easier to fit but like you said, it needs to be close proximity to the belt(s), whereas the turbo is only using the escaping gases'.

It does work, the only downside i can see is the lag you'll have
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 26/6/2008, 7:23 am

If it was that easy to fit a supercharger, wouldn't MGR have done that to the ZT instead of making the 1.8 Turbo version? All the parts for a 1.8 K series turbo are readily available thanks to this model being available. The heat problem is not because the turbo is making the engine run hotter but that the turbo is hotter itself and therefore makes the whole engine bay hot. Also, there is nowhere to put an intercooler where it would be cool enough and so the turbo would not be able to run efficiently... unless there are some body mods!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 26/6/2008, 7:44 am

and breathe..........................................! Laughing Theres always a way round it, just haven't ironed everything out yet, im positive it can be done tho, just needs planning. Wink
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum