Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Going balling...... I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Going balling......

4 posters

Go down

Going balling...... Empty Going balling......

Post  Guest 6/6/2008, 7:32 am

..... You've heard of the Cannonball Run, and you've heard of the Gumball Rally, well Kathryn and Myself have a plan for one of these next year, but we just can't wait so..... We've entered the much smaller and cheaper one that covers 1000 miles through england in 3 days, with various challenges on the way..... It's not quite on the same class in that it doesn't use 5 star hotels!

Don't want to give too much away just yet, but we'll be using 'shaggy' and the car will start getting graphics some time after MGFest, and will also be carrying the graphics for the sponsorship and the charity that we are going to support.

I'm also trying to work on getting a radio station to join up with us to track us through the whole weekend.

So, in the not too distant future I'll let you all know the details and then of course will be looking for help fundraising for our chosen charity!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Going balling...... Empty Re: Going balling......

Post  dressur 6/6/2008, 7:36 am

scubastewart wrote:..... You've heard of the Cannonball Run, and you've heard of the Gumball Rally, well Kathryn and Myself have a plan for one of these next year, but we just can't wait so..... We've entered the much smaller and cheaper one that covers 1000 miles through england in 3 days, with various challenges on the way..... It's not quite on the same class in that it doesn't use 5 star hotels!

Don't want to give too much away just yet, but we'll be using 'shaggy' and the car will start getting graphics some time after MGFest, and will also be carrying the graphics for the sponsorship and the charity that we are going to support.

I'm also trying to work on getting a radio station to join up with us to track us through the whole weekend.

So, in the not too distant future I'll let you all know the details and then of course will be looking for help fundraising for our chosen charity!

Let me know if you need any help with the radio coverage - I have lots of useful media contacts - especially regional radio!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/6/2008, 7:40 am

Goes without saying that if there's anything I can do to help, give me a shout. I would love to feature it heavily on our website. Perhaps Kathryn can feed stuff back to me, like we spoke about for the biggie when you do that. Use this as a kinda test run.

I hope that Southmids Sportsters will feature in the graphics. After all, you're partly sponsoring you! Laughing

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/6/2008, 7:53 am

Yes Rich, that's part of the plan to test out the mobile communications and stuff to see if we can pull it all off for the sponsors! Will be using www.shaggy-roadster.com to host the minisite following the real time progress with the video feeds etc.

Of course for this event it will be shaggy with all of the F Register and SMS stickers/magnets on it, so plenty of SMS advertising this time, but as you know, next year may be different due to money and the value of certain bits of advertising space, but as promised even then there would still be an SMS logo, just gonna be a lot smaller and in one of the lower value areas! And of course I won't be using shaggy next year, so will be starting with a blank canvas!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/6/2008, 7:58 am

scubastewart wrote:... Will be using www.shaggy-roadster.com to host the minisite following the real time progress with the video feeds etc. ...
I'll make sure there's links directly from the SmS website and a dedicated section on the forum for blogging, support & encouragement...

scubastewart wrote:... but as promised even then there would still be an SMS logo, just gonna be a lot smaller and in one of the lower value areas! ...
Could we possibly have the mirrors and a website on the bumper like on shaggy now?

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/6/2008, 8:08 am

Rich Stone wrote:
scubastewart wrote:... but as promised even then there would still be an SMS logo, just gonna be a lot smaller and in one of the lower value areas! ...
Could we possibly have the mirrors and a website on the bumper like on shaggy now?
TBH, you will get somewhere, but it will be after all those paying have taken their pick!!! Sorry mate, but I have to make the most of the canvas that I'll be working with!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/6/2008, 8:35 am

Yeah, I know. Well we may just have to live with a valve cap then...

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 6/6/2008, 8:35 am

Sounds like good fun to me hun!! Smile

I will have a pink valve cap ta!!!! Wink

Maxine!
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/6/2008, 8:39 am

Valve cap advertising will cost you at least a tenner!!!! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 6/6/2008, 8:43 am

scubastewart wrote:Valve cap advertising will cost you at least a tenner!!!! Laughing

No worries, if it is PINK, it's cool!! Wink

Tongue
Maxine!
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/6/2008, 8:47 am

Yeah, i'm not so sure now!!! Might let rich have the valve cap space for free then!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 6/6/2008, 8:57 am

Know anyone who does microscopic vinyl cut graphics? Laughing

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 27/6/2008, 8:23 am

Ok, I have been given the nod, and we are now confirmed entrants in.....

Going balling...... Bgphoto_2008_event

Our team name is.... 'The Stigs'

Kathryn is the Old Stig - all black, and I am the New Stig - all white!

So, come the bank holiday weekend of August, keep an eye out for the Stigs somewhere in the uk, driving round in a charcoal MGF!

Next job is to get the dedicated website up and running and the details of sponsorship!

More details to come, but we have had confirmed yesterday that the start point is HMC Gaydon!

When it comes to the event, we may need some help on completing some of the challenges....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 27/6/2008, 8:31 am

If you are around here let me know and i will do all i can to help - i will be the PINK stig!! Lol

x
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 27/6/2008, 5:05 pm

I'll help if I can Stu................I'll be the tartan Stig!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 27/6/2008, 10:24 pm

daved wrote:I'll help if I can Stu................I'll be the tartan Stig!
I've never seen a tartan helmet, so you might have to get a white one and then try getting hold of some tartan paint for it..... Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 28/6/2008, 3:11 am

Ok, so I have got 2 helpers, the pink stig and the tartan stig. If Lee volunteers, then he can be the burberry stig!!! Laughing Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 28/6/2008, 3:14 am

I'm pleased to say that we have chosen our charity, and once a few forms have been signed etc. the website will go up and the online charity donations will also go live. We have gone for....

Going balling...... LogoAirAmbulance

http://www.tvacaa.org/

I reckon that logo will look pretty cool on my car!!! Altho, someone has said to me that it looks like a helicopter having a sh!t..... Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 28/6/2008, 5:20 am

I think it's pretty good to put on an MGF. That's steam... It's had a head gasket failure! Laughing I'll get my coat!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum