Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
What do I do? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
What do I do? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
What do I do? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
What do I do? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
What do I do? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
What do I do? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
What do I do? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
What do I do? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
What do I do? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
What do I do? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

What do I do?

3 posters

Go down

What do I do? Empty What do I do?

Post  Sambomonkee 1/7/2012, 10:34 pm

Well the ZS sold last week, I took 100 pounds deposit, the guy was meant to pick up today, but has had no contact with me since Tuesday, I sent him an email saying when are you coming, I know he read it because you can see the last logon on the Org, but got no response.

Now am I to assume he has done a runner, so there's no way he's getting his deposit back, so do I what a couple of days or just shove it back on sale?

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

What do I do? Empty Re: What do I do?

Post  Captain Slow 1/7/2012, 11:50 pm

I think you need to send another email/PM first, giving him a timeframe to respond before it goes back on sale. If he has for whatever reason had an emergency etc it'd be pretty bad form IMO to give him less than a week. Although saying that-you'd still surely be able to get on the internet somehow to send a message?

Your call but the above is what I would do.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 2/7/2012, 1:17 am

Well sent email this morning, and I know he read it, and two he has my phone number so a text shouldn't be an issue. I have sat in all day waiting for him, just tried to PM yet again but now his inbox is full. The guy as it stands has just wasted a whole sunday for me, and a week worth of advertising has been wasted.

So I feel that I'm in my rights, if there is a geniune reason, and I find another seller I WILL refund his deposit, which I think is more than fair.

EDIT: just checked and his a kid of 18, so bet he tried to get insurance and realised it will be thousands, would be nice for a text or something to say sorry cant go through with it.

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow 2/7/2012, 3:03 am

Sambomonkee wrote:Well sent email this morning, and I know he read it, and two he has my phone number so a text shouldn't be an issue. I have sat in all day waiting for him, just tried to PM yet again but now his inbox is full. The guy as it stands has just wasted a whole sunday for me, and a week worth of advertising has been wasted.

So I feel that I'm in my rights, if there is a geniune reason, and I find another seller I WILL refund his deposit, which I think is more than fair.

EDIT: just checked and his a kid of 18, so bet he tried to get insurance and realised it will be thousands, would be nice for a text or something to say sorry cant go through with it.

That'll be your reason there then-the kid was a dreamer.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 2/7/2012, 6:47 am

Very annoying when this happens, I would always sent them a message referring to get in touch within a week to say what they intend on doing if not then if they don't reply back they loose out, but with the deposit I would keep that as with everyone they state that a desposit if always non re-fundable even if they don't state it and when you have to spend on advertising and then wait around for someone who does not show, get in touch, then they have wasted your time so you are within your rights to keep that deposit.
As you mentioned you have offered to return their refund which is very fair but that should only happen if they get in touch to explain why they did not follow through with their agreement to buy the car.

In simples, you snooze you loose Laughing
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 2/7/2012, 7:01 am

Just seen that he has logged in this evening, so must have seen my emails and the fact that I have put it back up for sale, and yet not a single comment. So as it stands he isn't getting the deposit back.

PS Mat, look on the register someone has replied to your sale thread.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 2/7/2012, 8:41 am

Thank you, I didn't know as I hardly go on there Smile
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 3/7/2012, 4:55 am

Yet another dreamer, phoned me today saying he was coming down tonight to buy it, 2 mins before he arrives text to say he cannot afford the insurance.

I reckon either car is possessed or there is a MG god that's want me to look after it,
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum