Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

+2
dressur
Captain Jack
6 posters

Go down

Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! Empty Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

Post  Captain Jack 4/6/2008, 4:46 am

Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

Ok, driving home.is chucking it down, turn my lights on................fine, but no, or very little light, coming from the ones behind speedo & rev counter!

I'm thinking.......................................prob dangerous!!!! Big eyes! Suspect

I like the idea of the blue LED ones

Yes/No ?? and where do i get them from.....?

Input plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Tongue
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! Empty Re: Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

Post  dressur 4/6/2008, 5:23 am

marcus mgf wrote:Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

Ok, driving home.is chucking it down, turn my lights on................fine, but no, or very little light, coming from the ones behind speedo & rev counter!

I'm thinking.......................................prob dangerous!!!! Big eyes! Suspect

I like the idea of the blue LED ones

Yes/No ?? and where do i get them from.....?

Input plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Tongue
Chavvy
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind! Empty Re: Desperate for new bulbs. am driving blind!

Post  Captain Jack 4/6/2008, 5:31 am

Laughing
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2008, 5:38 am

You need to speak to our resident Blue LED man... Lee!

He's given his interior the full LED treatment... Chavvy

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 4/6/2008, 5:41 am

Might sound a bit obvious, but you have checked all is well with the instrument lighting switch thingy? it can get knocked pretty easily
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 4/6/2008, 5:42 am

Rich Stone wrote:You need to speak to our resident Blue LED man... Lee!

He's given his interior the full LED treatment... Chavvy

Rich

Aint Stewart part of that gang too??
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 4/6/2008, 5:50 am

yes that was my first thought but is on full...........bit more pressure i think i'd have broken it!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2008, 6:23 am

M77XNE wrote:Aint Stewart part of that gang too??
Nah. He's more of a Neon man, except for his multi-coloured footwells! Laughing

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 4/6/2008, 6:24 am

yeah....................! i don't wanna go too mad, im eccentric enough without being OTT, just fancied something i bit different
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 4/6/2008, 6:27 am

try ebay, i know they do them. but best of all speak to lee he's done it himself and can probably give you tips and advise on do's and donts
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 4/6/2008, 6:27 am

marcus mgf wrote:yeah....................! i don't wanna go too mad, im eccentric enough without being OTT, just fancied something i bit different

you could always got for red to match your car!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 4/6/2008, 6:28 am

that was my v. first thought............Great minds eh!!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 4/6/2008, 6:36 am

marcus mgf wrote:that was my v. first thought............Great minds eh!!

lol something like that.... i'm going to be doing mine blue soon. So when i start to sourse the bulbs i'll let you know what i got
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2008, 6:37 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:... but best of all speak to lee he's done it himself and can probably give you tips and advise on do's and donts
I though he got his mate from .org to do it for him... Whip...

If you need any help with electricals, I'd be pleased to be of service! Cool

Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 4/6/2008, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 4/6/2008, 6:39 am

Rich Stone wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:... but best of all speak to lee he's done it himself and can probably give you tips and advise on do's and donts
I though he got his mate from .org to do it for him... Whip...

Rich

oh did he, he missed out that fact when he told me!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 4/6/2008, 6:49 am

So Rich, would you be the man to speak to about getting my switches swapped over to blue then...think I can do the footwell rear view mirror and instrument lighting, but those switches need soldering and stuff!
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2008, 6:54 am

Hmmm... Might be!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 4/6/2008, 6:58 am

Rich Stone wrote:Hmmm... Might be!

Rich

i dont think you want to tell us by the sounds of it!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2008, 7:05 am

Well I have to admit that I haven't done blue LED switches before but I have done loads of precision soldering. I used to own a small electronics manufacturing company. Can't be that difficult. I have installed a small additional loom in my 'F than handles my accessory power, head unit mute and mini driving lights. That's why I've got extra switches on the dash. So bring it on!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 4/6/2008, 8:05 am

Ahh we need to talk about the additional lights, I really fancy a discreet set tucked up around the grille area like yours.
I remember seeing them that time we drove to the first Oxford meet in the rain in convoy and you caught up with us on the A43 those lights looked great!

Oooh my 100th post I'm clearly a little slow, been signed up since hte start, clearly I'm quality not quantity driven Wink
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/6/2008, 9:57 am

Nick wrote:Ahh we need to talk about the additional lights, I really fancy a discreet set tucked up around the grille area like yours.
How about a Knight Rider LED strip in your grille....!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 5/6/2008, 4:37 pm

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i used to have one of those when i first learnt to drive..

Chav-tastic Laughing Embarassed
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 5/6/2008, 6:31 pm

marcus mgf wrote:sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i used to have one of those when i first learnt to drive..

Chav-tastic Laughing Embarassed

i had worse than that my car used to be glowing all over from the neon i had inside and underneath and behind the grills did look pretty good though as i did it tastfully even if it was a bit chav like!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/6/2008, 10:38 pm

Oh dear.... Your all going to laugh when you see my car at MGFest then.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 5/6/2008, 10:46 pm

scubastewart wrote:Oh dear.... Your all going to laugh when you see my car at MGFest then.....

are you going to have the enviromentalists on your tail for ruining the night sky?????
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down