Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly!

2 posters

Go down

iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! Empty iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly!

Post  Rich 22/6/2010, 1:52 am

The new software, iOS4, is rumoured to be available from today 10am Cupertino time. That's 6pm our time. Hold on to your iphones, there's a download a comin'... Suspect

Works on iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 2nd Generation, although the 3G won't do the multitasking bit. No problem though as jaibroken ones do! Twisted Evil

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! Empty Re: iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly!

Post  Rich 22/6/2010, 6:18 am

Well it has and it's taking bl**dy ages to install! Shocked

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! Empty Re: iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly!

Post  Rich 23/6/2010, 6:06 am

Sorted... and jailbroken already! Doesn't take me long... Cool

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

iOS4 launches tonight... allegedly! Empty 4.1

Post  bomber harris 23/7/2010, 8:06 am

updated my 3gs up to 4.1, a peice of advice dont bother if you have a 3gs it weakens your signal . the software is mainly for the iphone 4 as it has signal probs.
rich tell me about this jail break is it worth me doing, does it affect you phones perfomance in anyway.
bomber harris

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 23/7/2010, 5:11 pm

bomber harris wrote:updated my 3gs up to 4.1, a peice of advice dont bother if you have a 3gs it weakens your signal . the software is mainly for the iphone 4 as it has signal probs.
Firstly, I must correct you on that one... iOS 4.0.1 does not weaken the signal on your iphone, whatever model it is. It just displays the signal more accurately! Basically, when iOS4 was launched, a bug was found that showed the signal display was wildly out. This in combination with the iPhone 4 issues being hyped by the media put the Apple community in a panic as even the 3G/GS users were suddenly thinking their signal strength had been affected. Apple addressed this with the release of the fix, iOS 4.0.1. The OS is designed to work effectively across the whole range of iPhones and iPod Touch devices and is not specific to the iPhone 4. So don't worry about your signal... It's as good as ever!

Just to add, my iPhone 4 has NEVER dropped a call since I've had it and constantly reports a better signal than my 3G did (I've had them side by side to compare!). I will admit to a small issue with the proximity sensor but that is a software fix and will be addressed in the next update due within weeks and is so minor that now I'm used to the phone I don't notice. Unfortunately, much of the 'bad design' hype is media created and mostly from the US where their only iPhone 4 service provider AT&T are renowned to have issues with signal quality across the board.

Apple's official page on the subject is HERE and details of iOS4 on all models is HERE.

bomber harris wrote:rich tell me about this jail break is it worth me doing, does it affect you phones perfomance in anyway.
A jailbreak does not affect any of the iPhone's physical abilities. It is purely designed to 'unlock' areas of the firmware that Apple would rather you didn't play with. The reason most people jailbreak their iPhones is to add software that utilises the hardware in a better way than Apple allowed for instance enabling multitasking when it wasn't available, allowing custom screens, colour schemes, ringtones, text message alerts, etc. There are also some very powerful programs available that Apple wouldn't approve for distribution through the App Store. With the launch of iOS4 and it's subsequent updates, many of these options have been 'officially' enabled so there is less of a requirement for a jailbreak, but for those of us who love to fiddle,it's essential! My wife now has my old 3G which is running iOS4 and is jailbroken, allowing her to multitask (not enabled on 3G as standard) and have her favourite wallpapers and text alerts.

A jailbreak must not be confused with an unlock. Unlocking just allows the iPhone to be used on any service provider. Worthy of note is that most iPhones that were originally on O2 are already unlocked!

I hope that helps. I can also help if you want to jailbreak yours and point you in the right direction for some great software...

Useful iPhone info resource - Have a look HERE!. You can even add it to your facebook page!

On your soapbox
Rich

PS Nick, how close are you to getting yours? I've got a couple of bits for you!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down