Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

UK Kiwis contact...roger number one...

+3
Rich
Lee121
uk kiwis
7 posters

Go down

UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... Empty UK Kiwis contact...roger number one...

Post  uk kiwis 8/12/2013, 12:57 pm

Yeh Yeh ,I know ''.b........r of to NZ and thats the last we hear of them'.

Not so......Very happy memories, and many thoughts still abound in our heads.

'Oh to be in England now Christmas is here'.  Just not the same in the hot humid Auckland
weather but still a lot going on to celebrate the Yuletide never the less. As I speak, Type, the Grand kids are at the local club awaiting Santa. A clown first but sadly he slipped over in the supermarket and hurt himself so could not continue his routine for many minutes!

We have attended many MG functions since returning the 42nd 'Far North' for one, a combined cruise, trial or rally as you fancy. It is like the wild west up there, 500 ks north of
Auckland. Galleried isolated hotels with the locals laying down smokies outside to prove
masculinity. The harbour held 200 Waling sailing ships in 1800 now it is quiet and empty.

MGCC club dinner in the city Commercial travelers Club, ( we are to present an eveing on life in UK in February ( 'what shal we tell them folks'? just kidding, I have 8000 photos to narrow down to 30, wow....

So, it has been exciting, sad, interesting, expensive and quite a bit stressful to up stakes and ship car, and worldly goods back here in a container but at .......age then as Dell Boy would say 'You know it makes sense'.

We have shown the 'F' twice this weekend, the first outing was to a small country charity
show in a farm paddock. Just a few cars, trucks (lorries) of the logging kind some stationery engines and a purpose built shed with 5000 ( estimated) toy/ model tractors and farm implement related toys all beautifully displayed in tiered glass cabinets.

Then today along the waterfront in the 'plumy' suburb of St Heliers an MG show and shine on the waterfront green. Several old interesting MG's including a K1.Priceless. Quite a few
MG' F's. too. The couple of exclusive bits on ours attract attention. The Mike Satur toneau
cover and the Halfords MGF  and VVC chrome lettering we also have a Northampton Saints icon on there too.

Well folks,thanks so much for your company over the years and have a happy time over Christmas too.

'We'll meet again don't know where don't know when but I'm sure we'll meet again some day'

Happy days, keep on trucking'

Dave and Carole W
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... Empty Re: UK Kiwis contact...roger number one...

Post  Lee121 8/12/2013, 7:59 pm

gone.....not forgotten.....missed by all x
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... Empty Re: UK Kiwis contact...roger number one...

Post  Rich 8/12/2013, 8:11 pm

About time... Thought the plane had crashed or something!

Great to hear from you and even better that you posted here. You're still honorary members so it's only right!

Have a great Christmas and new year and skype me if you're about at a reasonable hour... for me!

Love to you both... cheers 
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc 9/12/2013, 5:12 am

Nice to here from you, We will be visiting one day!
adrianvvc
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 9/12/2013, 7:01 am

Fantastic to hear from you both, glad the move has gone so well. All the best from the sunny uk(it was 11degrees today!)
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

UK Kiwis contact...roger number one... Empty UK/NZ reply

Post  uk kiwis 9/12/2013, 4:00 pm

Thanks so much for your words. We too miss you.

I will be in touch from time to time and blog away as one does these days.

If any of you ever makes it this far then you can be assured of a great welcome
and be able to stay with us. NZ is a lovely country to visit and a must do on anyone's 'bucket' list.

May Santa bring you all the big boys toys your hearts desire.........ha

Bye for now

D&C
uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Macomac 18/12/2013, 9:01 am

We only met you guys the once at MG's in the Park.... was a pleasure to be parked up next to you. Have relatives in Auckland, pretty sure we told you and keep telling them we will be over one day. The weather will be kinder to the car down there for sure. Have a great Xmas Steve & Polly (Paula)
Macomac
Macomac

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis 19/12/2013, 7:19 am

Thanks, yes I remember that meeting well. Spent last night in a local 'English' pub
Drinking Old Speckled Hen so if you make it over this way you will not be too homesick
and we can spend time in 'Speakers corner'.DW

uk kiwis
uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 20/12/2013, 5:39 am

Good to hear the move went well.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down