Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009

+4
daved
Dark Knight
Seb
Rich
8 posters

Go down

MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 Empty MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009

Post  Rich 8/11/2008, 11:11 pm

Stewart and I offered the Southmids Sportsters' services to organise the MGF Register's annual charity road run for 2009, to be held on Sunday 31st May.

Stewart is still doing some groundwork for an idea he's had regarding the start/finish location, so watch this space for updates on that.

For any other general enquiries, please feel free to post here.

Rich

Last edited by Rich on 1/6/2009, 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 Empty Help required

Post  Rich 8/11/2008, 11:16 pm

Although Stewart and I will be heading up the general organisation of the run, we will need one or two people to assist with such things as marshalling, providing refreshments, etc.

We haven't worked out exactly how many people will be required or for what particular roles those people will be needed, but if you're interested in helping out, please post here. We will probably have people from the MGF Register assisting with a stand for promotion, regalia sales, etc. and possibly the Zed Register too (Neil?).

Rich

Volunteers
  • Paul (Possible)
  • Seb (Possible)
  • Dave D
  • Andy

Last edited by Rich Stone on 24/1/2009, 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 Empty Re: MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009

Post  Seb 9/11/2008, 12:03 am

Rich - I'm slightly confused, is this help for the MGF Registers Annual Charity Road Run?

Seb
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009 Empty Re: MGF Register 'Steaming' Charity Road Run - 31st May 2009

Post  Rich 9/11/2008, 12:10 am

Yeah. Every year, one of the regions organises the run on behalf of the MGF Register. So it's done under the MGF Register flag, but we are the ones sorting it out and running it on the day. We discussed it at the last MGF Reg committee meeting and they are quite happy for the Zeds to take part too, so all our members can take part if they so wish. So it's sort of our run but in the MGF Register's name...

Is that a little clearer?

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 9/11/2008, 12:41 am

Any idea as to when it is likely to be? ok i have read the other thread now! End of May is fine!!

I'm happy to do what i can if possible, put me down as a possible Rich

Cheers!

Last edited by Dark Knight on 9/11/2008, 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 9/11/2008, 12:44 am

Yeah much clearer, i couldnt determine if it was help required for the MGF Register Run or MGFest09 as the threads have the same name. But you have made it clear now!

Can you put me down to help as a maybe? My Dads birthday is at the end of May and we usually do something as a family, hopefully it wont be on the same weekend! But will confirm nearer the time?
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 9/11/2008, 3:40 am

You can put me down too Rich
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 9/11/2008, 7:49 pm

Seb wrote:Yeah much clearer, i couldnt determine if it was help required for the MGF Register Run or MGFest09 as the threads have the same name. But you have made it clear now!
I thought giving these events a whole category to themselves might have helped on that one... Rolling Eyes Cool

Can I ask anyone who's a possible to let me know when definite, so we know who we can rely on when it comes to the run. We'll try and work it so you can do the run yourselves somehow, by doing a test run on another day or something.

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 3/12/2008, 9:44 am

Rich Stone wrote:We will probably have people from the MGF Register assisting with a stand for promotion, regalia sales, etc. and possibly the Zed Register too (Neil?)

Sorry just seen this one... I would love the Zed Register to be involved too! I can't commit just yet until I know when my kids are on half-term, but will let you know early in 2009.
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 4/12/2008, 4:15 am

I'm in - as long as you dont make me do girlie things like manning the kettle!! I want a reflective jacket, possibly a flag, and lots of power and influence!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/12/2008, 4:44 am

There may be an opening in afghanistan. Make sure the flag is white though... Wave the white hanky queen

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Knott 24/1/2009, 4:37 am

Hi Rich, I should be able to help mate. May even be able to use Kimber House as a start or half way point if you like. We've even got a Tea Urn there now so will be able to supply a nice cuppa to those who want it.
Andy Knott
Andy Knott

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 24/1/2009, 6:17 am

Hi Andy... Great to hear from you again.

Stewart is planning the route and already has some ideas. He hasn't been on here for quite a while as he's so busy with other projects (you probably know that already!) but I'm hoping he'll give us an update soon as it's 'our' run...

Thanks for the offer of help. I'm sure we'll use you skills and abilities somewhere! Thumbs up

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Knott 24/1/2009, 7:14 am

Sorry mate busy busy. Hopefully be able to get on here more now. Any help I can give all you have to do is ask. If you want a plug in SF! when the details have been finalised just let me know Very Happy
Andy Knott
Andy Knott

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 24/1/2009, 7:33 am

That'll be great Andy. It's this year's MGF Register official charity run and we offered to organise it all. I'm sure Tim will be writing about it too, but the more people we get entering, the more we make for a worthy cause. We'll hopefully be able to start taking bookings soon, if Tim hasn't done so already!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 10/4/2009, 7:57 am

Any more information available about this event?
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 10/4/2009, 6:41 pm

Well it appears that Stewart has decided to do all the arrangements and left the rest of us out of the circle for some reason. Details are on the MGF Register website here but I know nothing more than that myself... Suspect

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 1/6/2009, 10:48 pm

Well I know UK Kiwis did the run yesterday and hopefully Dave may find a moment to scribe a review with some pictures for us... Did any other SmSers go?

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down