Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008

+13
Stu
daved
Lee121
Nick
Da!sh!
c-j
Zedhead
Captain Jack
Seb
Dark Knight
Matto 180
dressur
Rich
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008

Post  Dark Knight 20/10/2008, 4:00 am

dressur wrote:Great to see everyone again, and was well worth the extra distance to meet the Oxford posse to convoy it over.

Charlie enjoyed himself -he reckons his ride in Shaggy was the high point, although he thought the chips were pretty good too! He spent the journey back calling me a chav, and telling me my car sucked - so we're not speaking at the moment!

Great too see you Ally and chat with you and Charlie.

Best way to know he's in the bad books go for a run nd leave him locked in his room!! Shocked you can tell i'm not a parent yet!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 Empty Re: Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008

Post  Rich 20/10/2008, 4:05 am

Dark Knight wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:My pics were exclusively for the calendar, so you'll have to wait to see them! Cool

Rich

Shocked so none of mine!!! Oh well never mind you probabyl got plenty anyway!
How do you know what pics I took???? Suspect

Rich

Last edited by Rich Stone on 20/10/2008, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/10/2008, 4:06 am

Rich Stone wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:Shocked so none of mine!!! Oh well never mind you probabyl got plenty anyway!
How do you know what pics I took???? Suspect

Rich

Laughing you can be so sneaky!!

Looking forward to the caleneder actually should be good!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 4:09 am

Dark Knight wrote: Shocked you can tell i'm not a parent yet!

Actually - I couldn't tell! I lock him up in the cellar and go driving all the time! He loves it..
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/10/2008, 4:11 am

dressur wrote:

Actually - I couldn't tell! I lock him up in the cellar and go driving all the time! He loves it..

you just need some glasses for him and he can be the next Harry Potter!! Laughing

that spoon was his wond wasnt it!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 4:24 am

Dark Knight wrote:
dressur wrote:

you just need some glasses for him and he can be the next Harry Potter!! Laughing

I just suggested it and he looked at me, shook his head and said "Loser"!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 20/10/2008, 4:54 am

dressur wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:
dressur wrote:

I just suggested it and he looked at me, shook his head and said "Loser"!!

Twll him he can make lots of money being a harry potter look a like and then have a car like stews, that wil win him over Laughing Cool
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb 20/10/2008, 5:08 am

Sounds like it was a wicked pub meet everyone, Nice pics Dave! Sorry i couldn't make it, gutted i missed the pictures for the calendar! Crying or Very sad

which is the selected pub for next months meet Rich? it's Northamptonshire in Nov isnt it? One too many!
Seb
Seb

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 5:16 am

Dark Knight wrote:

Twll him he can make lots of money being a harry potter look a like and then have a car like stews, that wil win him over Laughing Cool

Not going for it at all! Apparently Harry Potter is a Gork (whatever that means!) and he doesn't necessarily want Stews car - he just wants mine to be louder, and faster, and covered in stickers and LEDS!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 20/10/2008, 5:29 am

But yours is faster (than Stewarts) and it's covered in stickers (except the rear bumper). Just bang a nail in the rear silencer and sellotape a torch to the front, glue his PSP to the dashboard, job done for less than a quid Laughing
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 20/10/2008, 5:33 am

Sorry I was not there today, but as previously posted I had already committed to meeting some of the folks from ZS Central. Here's a photo from the meet:

Pub Meet in Beds - 19th October 2008 - Page 5 DSC04149

Did any 'new' Zeds turn up?
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 5:34 am

Nick wrote:But yours is faster (than Stewarts) and it's covered in stickers (except the rear bumper). Just bang a nail in the rear silencer and sellotape a torch to the front, glue his PSP to the dashboard, job done for less than a quid Laughing

Good thinking!! I did tell him that mine was technically faster than Stewarts - but that it was just that I was a bit more chicken about putting my foot down (although I did keep up very well today I thought!) - he still looked dubious! I think he thinks noise equals power!!

I could mount the PSP in the airbag blank bit!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 5:36 am

Matto 180 wrote:Did any 'new' Zeds turn up?

9 - It was unbelievable!!!

They're a dodgy bunch though - we had to push em in the canal - so they may not be back!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 20/10/2008, 5:48 am

dressur wrote:I think he thinks noise equals power!!

Doesn't it?
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 20/10/2008, 5:50 am

dressur wrote:

They're a dodgy bunch though - we had to push em in the canal - so they may not be back!

Apart from those 9; the nearest thing we had to a Z was Smudge...................and he looked a damn sight cleaner than Ollie ever did Laughing Laughing Laughing

and there was a ZTT there but he was nothing to do with us.

Nice to see you had a good turn out Neil Very Happy
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 20/10/2008, 6:20 am

daved wrote:
dressur wrote:

Apart from those 9; the nearest thing we had to a Z was Smudge...................and he looked a damn sight cleaner than Ollie ever did Laughing Laughing Laughing

and there was a ZTT there but he was nothing to do with us.

Nice to see you had a good turn out Neil Very Happy

Thanks Dave for the sensible answer... 9 indeed... you had me going for a minute Ally Suspect
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 6:26 am

daved wrote:
dressur wrote:I think he thinks noise equals power!!

Doesn't it?

Clearly a boy thing!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/10/2008, 7:09 am

Nick wrote:But yours is faster (than Stewarts) and it's covered in stickers (except the rear bumper). Just bang a nail in the rear silencer and sellotape a torch to the front, glue his PSP to the dashboard, job done for less than a quid Laughing
Cheeky g!t....

Mine may only be an MPi, and not a VVC, but with all the mods I reckon I have as much power as you VVC people! However, the extra weight of lighting and gadgets in my car may count against me!

And Ally, of course more noise equals more power.... The louder it is, the faster it seems!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 7:15 am

scubastewart wrote:
Cheeky g!t....

Mine may only be an MPi, and not a VVC, but with all the mods I reckon I have as much power as you VVC people! However, the extra weight of lighting and gadgets in my car may count against me!

And Ally, of course more noise equals more power.... The louder it is, the faster it seems!

I want you to drive mine one day - be interested to see how it goes with a proper lunatic behind the wheel!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/10/2008, 7:33 am

dressur wrote:I want you to drive mine one day - be interested to see how it goes with a proper lunatic behind the wheel!!
Kathryn told me off when I handbraked her car round and then went off and did doughnuts in it! Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 20/10/2008, 7:37 am

scubastewart wrote:
dressur wrote:I want you to drive mine one day - be interested to see how it goes with a proper lunatic behind the wheel!!
Kathryn told me off when I handbraked her car round and then went off and did doughnuts in it! Laughing

I can see that she wouldn't appreciate that!! I'm more interested in how mine performs in a straight line!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/10/2008, 8:17 am

I think she was more annoyed that I did it without her being in the car to enjoy it!!! I've also still gotta do a swap with DK at some point, but when my car is working properly!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/10/2008, 6:26 pm

daved wrote:... Apart from those 9; the nearest thing we had to a Z was Smudge...................and he looked a damn sight cleaner than Ollie ever did Laughing Laughing Laughing ...
You make it sound like Ollie is never coming back. He'll be back in the Spring with a fresh MoT, tax disc and a thorough clean. And anyway, there are far less imperfections uncovered on Smudge when I wash him! Laugh my a**e off!

Also, it's easier to throw a bucket of water over a tintop... I'll get my coat!

Seb wrote:Sounds like it was a wicked pub meet everyone, Nice pics Dave! Sorry i couldn't make it, gutted i missed the pictures for the calendar! Crying or Very sad

which is the selected pub for next months meet Rich? it's Northamptonshire in Nov isnt it? One too many!
Firstly, I'm sure we can sort something out for the calendar. We'll arrange a suitable location and have a photoshoot!

Secondly, I'm pensively looking at the Navigation at Stoke Bruerne. I know the pub is perfect and the car park is fine, but the one thing that's put me off before is how busy it gets, especially on a Sunday lunchtime. However, I reckon that if we coordinate all runs i to arrive by around 11:15am, we can blag the car park first! Twisted Evil

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 20/10/2008, 6:51 pm

scubastewart wrote:Mine may only be an MPi, and not a VVC, but with all the mods I reckon I have as much power as you VVC people! However, the extra weight of lighting and gadgets in my car may count against me!

Dont forget the stickers Stewart, lots of stickers. Laughing

Ally you only kept up with him 'cause his doesnt go around bends at the moment. Big eyes!

Mine's still feeling a little strange, it didnt feel as solid at speed yesterday, cant tell if it was because of the crosswinds / paranoia or a wheel bearing, time to investigate soon (££££s Rolling Eyes)
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 20/10/2008, 7:05 pm

Nick wrote:Mine's still feeling a little strange, it didnt feel as solid at speed yesterday, cant tell if it was because of the crosswinds / paranoia or a wheel bearing, time to investigate soon (££££s Rolling Eyes)
So that's why you didn't keep up with us and dave on the way home! Cool

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next