Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
New dash is in!!!! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

New dash is in!!!!

4 posters

Go down

New dash is in!!!! Empty New dash is in!!!!

Post  Captain Jack 30/7/2008, 5:39 am

Cap'n Jack! New dash is in YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or YARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as is more fitting

with the 'bodge it job' i had to do on it to make it for Fest, new one (or spare one that came with the car), is now in and so is the new LED dash illumination.

Thought may as well as the car was in pieces!!!

And WOW! looks like Dante's seventh circle of hell sitting in it at night, everything red and black, very mean and moody

No pics as yet a) is still bright sunshine & b) decided to leave the car in my parents garage after the break in whilst im not using it
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

New dash is in!!!! Empty Re: New dash is in!!!!

Post  Andy Knott 30/7/2008, 6:32 am

It's not bright sunshine here any more mate, get them there photo ups before I make you walk the plank Cap'n Jack!
Andy Knott
Andy Knott

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/7/2008, 11:04 pm

We need pics
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 30/7/2008, 11:10 pm

I have to say that the Red lighting you had at Fest were... different! Looked a bit like a sinister brothel (I'm guessing as I've never been to one, before you ask!) but it made a wonderful change to the usual blue everywhere. I can't wait to see the final article. By the way, would you be interested in a pair of red neons? Twisted Evil

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 30/7/2008, 11:14 pm

Hi Marcus

Can you make a list of the bulbs you used? and send it to me? i have bits to do to mine end of august!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 31/7/2008, 5:04 am

red neons...................hmmmmmmmmmmmm............................interesting!!!!!!!!!!!! *clasps chin, and strokes beard*

For where exactly? anywhere or specific?

Well i like to be different (if that wasn't already apparent), i think Caroline picked up on this seconds after talking to me.

Will do Paul, ill send you the link, and bulbs sizes, when i remember what they are!!
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/7/2008, 5:12 am

Anywhere! They are about 10" long. I was going to put one behind the grille so that it looked like it was glowing. Didn't really know what to do with the other one but I'm sure I would have found somewhere for it. But now I've decided not to do anything with them so they are going for a song... and I don't mean a sea shanty!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 31/7/2008, 5:17 am

ok, im interested but you may have to hold on, as the new hood is arriving, as is new alloys, dvd player and probably a new TT exhaust, plus my own personal 'special touches'
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 31/7/2008, 6:14 am

Well I'll bring them along to the pub meeting and you can owe me if you like... I don't want much for them anyhow. But I'd like them to go to somebody who will use them creatively, and that's likely to be you. Everyone else seems to want blue or multicoloured!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2008, 9:24 am

marcus mgf wrote:.....and probably a new TT exhaust....

NOOOOOOOO!!!! If you want to be different then you are not allowed one of them.... Sad

Still, at least I will be the only one in our group with a TT Mk2 (only 14 of those made), but I will also have a TT Mk3 in the garage to help with the exclusivity of them! All I need now is an original Mk1!!!! Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 9:30 am

scubastewart wrote:
marcus mgf wrote:.....and probably a new TT exhaust....

NOOOOOOOO!!!! If you want to be different then you are not allowed one of them.... Sad

Still, at least I will be the only one in our group with a TT Mk2 (only 14 of those made), but I will also have a TT Mk3 in the garage to help with the exclusivity of them! All I need now is an original Mk1!!!! Shocked

you got one of the 18 mk3 on order then? i hear there supposed to be awesome!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2008, 9:35 am

Yeah, I got my order in ages ago, as Neil wanted to see a TT Mk2 that was designed for the Mk2 F or TF, and that is what my one is, but I have an extra elbow adapter pipe so it fits my Mk1 F. I thought I had better get one to try and help keep these things exclusive! Plus I plan on drilling some holes in my TT Mk2 for the mods for next years glow car competition! So that will also help with exclusivity as I will be trashing one!

As for how awsome they will be, that is somewhat unknown. Neil has re-designed the way you hang them which is a good thing, as the old welds were crap, but he also plans on them having a smaller box, and I'm not quite sure on what the effect will be. Sadly he isn't planning on trying to get the exhaust balanced more, but not a big issue for general use.

Ok, so not trying to put people off, but if you are thinking of getting one of these new TT exhausts I strongly suggest you come out with me in my car and her and feel the effect of it inside. I know plenty of people that have a TT and have then removed it cos they couldn't live with it. It effectively deffens you whn you are sat in the cabin. Not from a nice throaty exhaust noise, but from the constant reverberation that you get in the cabin. They sound great from outside but a nightmare form inside. That said I love it, but as for living with it everyday or a really long journey..... I'd go for one of the more mainstream ones like a milltek, or even the x-power one that maxines mum has, which has a really lovely note to it like the TT but without the down sides of the TT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 9:46 am

well great bit of info there..... i knew about the smallerbox but like you said not sure how that will work, it pretty wel that kinda think on one of my old cars, so will just have too see....

I think as me car is my everyday car (for now) then it's staying standard, but it is likely to be changed at some point when it becomes the weekedn car!

erm Sad we apear to have hijacked this one too!! Embarassed
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/7/2008, 9:52 am

It is difficult choosing an exhaust, as there is plenty of choice, and it's a personal thing. Best thing is to listen to them outside the car, but also to see what it is like driving both with hood up and down. Anyone who wants to know what a TT is like, just let me know at the pub meet and i'll let you take it out for a spin to find out!

Strange thing is that the TT exhausts have never done very well in the loudest exhaust competitions, yet they definitely cause the most noice inside the cabin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 31/7/2008, 9:57 am

Well last exhausts i had were custom made for me..... but its a little different with these cars.. will definatly be paying more attention in future to find out what i like for when i decide to change it
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down