Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MoT I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MoT I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MoT I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MoT I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MoT I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MoT I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MoT I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MoT I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MoT I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MoT I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MoT

2 posters

Go down

MoT Empty MoT

Post  Stu 23/5/2013, 10:23 am

That time of year again and a repeat of last year with a fail on rear wheel bearing...other side this time,thanfully martin at clifton garage did a great job as usual in fitting me in at short notice and all sorted today.I was expecting brakes to be the issue as i know my front pads are on the edge so at least i have a bit of time to sort that out.

Still have an issue with front end wandering and not sure what this is as its not wheel alignment(done) or tyres.A closer inspection needed i suspect as its just not as positive to turn in anymore and doesnt give confidence when cornering and tends to want to wander in a straight line at speed. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Stu on 25/5/2013, 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

MoT Empty Re: MoT

Post  Matt Parker 25/5/2013, 7:08 am

Stu wrote:..I was expecting breaks to be the issue

You should concentrate more on working then sitting about if breaks are an issue Laugh my a**e off!

With the wandering, have you checked the basic's first, tyre pressures? If they are ok then try lowering the front pressures a couple of psi and see if it makes any difference.

Does the steering bias either way? Jack the front of the car up to allow the wheels to clear the ground and start the engine to see if the wheels steer on its own either way, if not then turn the wheels on a lock each way and feel the resistance to see if its easier/lighter one way than the other.

Also what tyre's do you have fitted?

What are the pressures in the suspension? If may be sitting level but you could have un-ever pressures due to in-accurate spacing, which will have an effect on its handling. other than that you will need to look in depth on the suspension bushes and mounts as you may only have slight movement in something which is acceptable for mot and servicing but have a big effect when traveling at higher speeds under load.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 25/5/2013, 10:22 am

Just spotted the spelling error myself Laughing

Thanks matt, Checked basics and yes reducing tyres pressure has been my way round it but it is only masking the problem and still there.
My car is in need of its annual pump up and it seems to be slightly lower on one side,i need to get it pumped up and see if it stays level and check front suspension for play i think,wopuld have done on my day off today if it hadnt been like january out there Shocked
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum