Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Calling all members... Save Mishka! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Calling all members... Save Mishka!

5 posters

Go down

Calling all members... Save Mishka! Empty Calling all members... Save Mishka!

Post  Rich 1/1/2013, 3:40 am

Calling all members... Save Mishka! Mishka-needs-you

Today has brought some truly disappointing news to one of our members. Hellen took Mishka up to Matt Parker for an MoT to find that 2012 has been harsh and wear and tear has got the better of her (the car that is) with 21 issues to be dealt with. Not only that but it appears that the previous owner might not have been totally honest about the condition and covered some things up. I've heard the list of things to do and there's quite a bit of labour involved and so we're asking for some assistance. And already the spirit of the club has started to kick in...

I've just been in a discussion with our friend Chris from the charity and we have unlimited use of the well equipped workshop at the TA Centre. In fact, as luck would have it, the ramp is going to be free for some considerable time. I'm hoping that some time tomorrow we can get Mishka into position to start work. Chris has also said he's happy to get his hands dirty. In fact, he's just posted on Facebook, "Remember the military never leave any one behind...". Sums it up really!

Hopefully I will be able to get a 'shopping list' up on the forum soon, so that you can all have a look in your garages and sheds to see if there's anything you have going spare and that we're in need of. Either that or we can all get searching online for the best deals.

If there's any way you feel you might be able to help, whether coming along to help with stripping, repairing and refitting, or just helping to locate parts, please get in touch.

Thank you!

Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Calling all members... Save Mishka! Empty Re: Calling all members... Save Mishka!

Post  Benjs 1/1/2013, 12:43 pm

If I've got it they can have it. Just post the list & I'll have a rummage in the garage
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Calling all members... Save Mishka! Empty Save Mishka

Post  Rich 1/1/2013, 10:20 pm

Hi, Ben,

Hellen here , thanks for the offer of assistance. Rich will be putting a list together. I really appreciate all the support and help that has been sent Mishka's way. <3
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Calling all members... Save Mishka! Empty Re: Calling all members... Save Mishka!

Post  Captain Slow 2/1/2013, 12:58 am

Let me know when the "working on" date is going to be (hopefully Saturday 12th as I'm free all day) and I'll come over and dive in!

I haven't got much in the way of bits but I can help repair her.
Captain Slow
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 2/1/2013, 6:29 am

Sorry to hear this, obviously if there's any bits you have that I need, please do let me know, I'll keep an eye out for the shopping list to be posted. We'll get her back on the road. Wink
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 2/1/2013, 7:18 am

Nick wrote:... obviously if there's any bits you have that I need, please do let me know...
Would you care to read that again Nick? Mishka needs the bits, not you! Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the offers so far. After having a closer look today we're going to start taking off the bits in question and see what can be done. Some will be replaced with new so I can't provide a list yet. I'm working with Chris this Thursday so will have more news after then...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  andyhells 2/1/2013, 7:39 am

as always nick's heart is in the right place even if his brains not in gear LOL
andyhells
andyhells

http://www.image980.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 2/1/2013, 7:41 am

I could pretend I was a vulture and after parts Twisted Evil
....but ok I got it wrong, who'd have thought that just 5 budweisers could lead to me not being able to type!

Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down