In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

AP Racing Clutch

Go down

AP Racing Clutch

Post  Sambomonkee on 7/7/2012, 4:36 am

If I can get AP racing clutch kit, second hand about 10k miles for 40 pounds for the ZS, would that be a good deal?
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Re: AP Racing Clutch

Post  Matt Parker on 7/7/2012, 7:14 am

Not really, as its a 'used' clutch. Its the one item that takes a lot of abuse and its the one item that you want to work correctly and last you well, and it has had 10k miles of use which could be mostly motorway driving with gentle use(doubt it) or harsh acceleration and had someone with a heavy foot dragging the clutch.

If you are doing anything with the clutch where it is coming out or available always put a brand new one in, its costs more but it will last and you know that it'll be ok from the word go, unlike a used one which may look ok but until you put the load on it you may find the fingers on the cover or the springs in the plate are weak and you will get judder. I would only put a used clutch in if I was desperate to get the car in a useable state asap where the option of a new one wasn't there.

I have one in my F and in the ZS, cost £150 from PTP (my time of purchasement)

If your thinking a 4 way paddle type clutch then these are more expensive, but also they don't last as long and they are mainly intended for track use only due to giving you an 'on or off' clutch which can be quick hard to control if using the car on the roads Smile so if that was £40 then would be worth a punt, but only for a track slag Laughing

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 7/7/2012, 7:21 am

Cheers Matt, I will give it a miss then
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down