In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

What should I do now..

Go down

What should I do now..

Post  Sambomonkee on 6/7/2012, 11:41 pm

Was reading around abit, and saw interesting articles about peter best, so gave them a ring and got quotes for all my MGS, and was stunned at the prices.

Basically assuming I join the MGCC (which I have now), the prices was as follows

TF £108
ZT £135
ZS £155

Thats snippet under 400 pounds for all three cars (I pay about 380 for just the ZT on Aviva)!!! Now I have always wanted to keep the ZS as its just a little exotic in the MK2 flavor, the TF is going nowhere, and I love the drive and comfort of the ZT.

Now really I could I suppose keep all three, but its just the space that's an issue, at the moment, I'm leaning towards keeping the ZS and TF as toys, offloading the ZT, and using a CLIO DCI 80, that I just picked on the cheap for work etc (70mpg).

So CLIo for most days, ZS for when its a bit nippy, TF for when the suns out and meets etc.

So I'm pretty sure the ZS is valued correctly at 1k, as I am been inundated with enquieries, but what do you think a MK2 ZT worth. Have a look at the sales thread on the .org for details. (Mechanically electrically, and the upgraded interior on the ZT are its selling point, the body work not so...)

Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Re: What should I do now..

Post  StevePem on 10/7/2012, 10:30 pm

Hi Lee, is that with limited mileage/classic car cover? If so what is the mileage cap?

I am paying around £280 for the TF with a 5k mileage so if I can get that down to circa £108 makes it well worth having joined MGCC even after forgetting to order my discounted MG Live tickets Laughing

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 10/7/2012, 10:37 pm

That was with three cars covered for 3000 miles each, it gets dearer the less cars you have etc.

I think the TF was 140 ish at its dearest price. I'm now paying 290 for both the TF and ZS on classic limited too 3000 miles each., you do have to add on the 45 pound for MGCC though.

Its still cheap as the ZS on aviva was 380, the TF with lancaster was 200, so I am quids in this way.

Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 11/7/2012, 6:50 am

Who's your ZS classic policy with? I couldn't find anyone who would insure the ZS as a classic.

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 11/7/2012, 6:54 am

Captain Slow wrote:Who's your ZS classic policy with? I couldn't find anyone who would insure the ZS as a classic.

Peter Best with a MGCC membership
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 12/7/2012, 7:05 am

Sambomonkee wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:Who's your ZS classic policy with? I couldn't find anyone who would insure the ZS as a classic.

Peter Best with a MGCC membership

How old is yours? They're telling me mine doesn't qualify at 8 years old!

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 12/7/2012, 7:27 am

Captain Slow wrote:How old is yours? They're telling me mine doesn't qualify at 8 years old!
Peter Best's rule is that to qualify as a classic the car must be 10 years old, so I think somebody has been economical with the truth here... Wink

I know because they wouldn't even do Smudge until 2011... and then I went to Adrian Flux instead as they were about 15% cheaper!

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 12/7/2012, 4:30 pm

Rich wrote:
Captain Slow wrote:How old is yours? They're telling me mine doesn't qualify at 8 years old!
Peter Best's rule is that to qualify as a classic the car must be 10 years old, so I think somebody has been economical with the truth here... Wink

I know because they wouldn't even do Smudge until 2011... and then I went to Adrian Flux instead as they were about 15% cheaper!

Mine is 7 years old, but by classic I probably confused matters its classed as a limited mile policy, but has all the same rules as a classic car policy.
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum