Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Basket cases wanted. I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Basket cases wanted.

Go down

Basket cases wanted. Empty Basket cases wanted.

Post  Tony 28/5/2012, 6:55 am

Anyone interested in this. (copied from brit-cars forum). Obviously you couldn't post here if you knew of a likely project for them in case the projects owner was to see it and get wind.

I've been given permission by the powers that be to put our full brief out there so here you go. Should make it a lot clearer :

Hello my name is Josh Bloom and I am a Producer at Renegade Pictures (www.renegadepictures.co.uk).
We have been commissioned by Nat Geo (The National Geographic HD channel on Sky) to make a programme in which we take people's old cars and secretly restore them to their former glory. Let me explain more....

We are looking for someone who owns a much loved older car that has fallen into disrepair. Friends or family of this person, knowing how much this car means to them and that they will never get round to doing it up themselves, nominate them as potential candidates for this programme. Our plan is to then secretly take this car away, and service, paint and repair it until it's as close to original condition as we can manage. We then present it back to the very appreciative owner.

This might be an opportunity for you to give something back to a generous and kind soul or someone who has fallen ill and needs cheering up? Maybe somebody who started a project but no longer has the funds to complete the job? Or perhaps somebody whose car failed its MOT 10 years ago, is locked away in a garage, has particular sentimental value and it would bring huge joy into their lives to enjoy it on the road again.

The car will need to be from the late 1950s until the late 1980s and can be anything from an old Mini to a Ford Sierra, and while we do wish to work on interesting cars, time and budgets mean we won't be doing up any Maseratis or Bentleys I'm afraid.

If you have somebody in mind and would like to give a gift to a deserving member of your family or community please contact me either by phone or email.

BUT PLEASE REMEMBER SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT

Our goal is to keep the recommission secret from the owner so if you have somebody in mind please don't mention the show to them at any stage!
If you are successful in your nomination we will then tell you more about how it will all work

Please call or email any time.

Thanks

Josh

Assistant Producer - Car SOS
Renegade Pictures
josh.bloom@renegadepictures.co.uk
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down