Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012

+17
DanTFInferno
gadget2466
Davemul
cejsmith
BPR160
uk kiwis
Lee121
MeetwithDamien
darrenzs
Captain Slow
andyhells
Miss Ali
adrianvvc
Tony
Sambomonkee
Benjs
Rich
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012

Post  gadget2466 27/5/2012, 3:27 am

Rich wrote:
cejsmith wrote:May I suggest a slightly different route, it's slower but more fun
Nice route Colin - We've done that one before - but unless you want to start off much earlier, it'll take too long. We are aiming to be there at 9.30am to establish our plot!

As a newbie and first time at the Park so I know no better, I guess getting there early is key for parking?

the website for the event say turn up from 10am onwards though. will we get in at 9.30?
http://www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk/mgs_in_the_park.html

Gary.
gadget2466
gadget2466

Back to top Go down

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 Empty MG's in the PArk

Post  gadget2466 27/5/2012, 3:32 am

Rich,.

I should have said that I am planning on coming to the Little chef tomorrow morning

I'll be out all evening so won't know if the decide to go a more scenic route so best if I come to the Little Chef and start off with you.

See you tomorrow.

Gary
(Gadget)
gadget2466
gadget2466

Back to top Go down

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012

Post  Tony 27/5/2012, 3:51 am

Was looking forward to Colin's interesting route, haven't been that way for a while. Oh well. No

Cotswold WLP itself doesn't open until 10am.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2012, 3:58 am

gadget2466 wrote:As a newbie and first time at the Park so I know no better, I guess getting there early is key for parking?

the website for the event say turn up from 10am onwards though. will we get in at 9.30?
http://www.oxfordshiremgoc.co.uk/mgs_in_the_park.html

Gary.
As we're attending as a display, we will be setting ourselves up ready for when the general guests arrive so need to be there in time. For the last couple of years, we have arrive around this time. Also, I always build in time for those little irritating diversions, road blocks, missing tail-enders, etc. However, I am waiting for a confirmation from the organisers this evening on time and location in the field. Bit late but they are laying out the site today and I needed to let them know appoximate numbers. If there are any changes. I'll poste them later but the starting time will stay the same. It might be that we make a last minute change in the morning! We're old hands at this so don't panic...
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2012, 3:59 am

Tony, are you bringing the Brit-cars flag?
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2012, 4:18 am

As luck would have it, I've just received the reply from Tony Nash, the Oxon MGOC events sec, and our area is all confirmed. Not sure where we are yet but we'll be pointed in the right direction when we get there. He's also said he'll be there from 8.00am but I think that's a tad too early for us! He's fine with our time and in fact has said that's about when other clubs that have dedicated reserved areas will be there too.

So all is fine. Trust me... The force is strong with the red leader Laugh my a**e off!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 27/5/2012, 5:02 am

Not sure if I will be going, as busy fitting out a shop "yes a shop", I will decide in the morning.
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 27/5/2012, 6:43 am

Any catering facilities at the park?
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 27/5/2012, 7:10 am

darrenzs wrote:Any catering facilities at the park?
Not sure if there will be any catering vans on the field but the part itself has a café. We're taking a picnic anyway!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 27/5/2012, 8:12 am

Sambomonkee wrote:Not sure if I will be going, as busy fitting out a shop "yes a shop", I will decide in the morning.
OK.

Lee, I'm curious what type of shop, I've always fancied a hybrid one, that sells comics?scifi stuff, motorbikes and other boy type stuff Very Happy
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 27/5/2012, 8:40 am

Rich wrote:
darrenzs wrote:Any catering facilities at the park?
Not sure if there will be any catering vans on the field but the part itself has a café. We're taking a picnic anyway!

Sounds a good plan Thumbs up , hope to arrive about 10.30, it's a three hour drive for me. Driver
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  c-j 28/5/2012, 3:29 am

Aha! I thought I saw a convoy of cars that I recognised heading east on the A421 this afternoon, headed by a certain smart looking red trophy.
Sadly I was cocooned in a very yellow 107. Got a lovely tan on my right arm though!

Hope you all had a cracking day out.
Chris

Last edited by c-j on 28/5/2012, 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gramur rong.)
c-j
c-j

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs 28/5/2012, 5:14 am

Twas a beautiful day.
MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 MGinthepark2
Followed Colin's suggested route there via Aynho/Chipping Norton etc and throughly enjoyed it cheers
For the return journey, decided to use the Witney to Bicester A 4095, missed the turning at Witney and ended up with Nemo biting at my heels!
darrenzs
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 28/5/2012, 6:52 am

Great day out (apart from some over zealous officials first things this morning).
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 28/5/2012, 9:13 am

Tony wrote:Great day out (apart from some over zealous officials first things this morning).

Seconded on the great day & the officials (ended up parked @ the other end of the field until a space became available)
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 Empty Thanks from Oxfordshire MG Owners Club

Post  JEK 28/5/2012, 9:45 am

Thanks to those who came along to the Wildlife Park today for MGs IN THE PARK. I hope that you had a good day out.

The weather could not have been better and 400 MGs attended with some 70 taking part in the Pride of Ownership.

There were certainly some fabulous MGs on show this year and the turnout of MGFs and TFs were, without doubt, a credit to their owners.

I was sorry to find out that a couple of the group considered the 'officials to be over zelous' and can only think that this referred to our need, at the request of entrants to the Pride of Ownership contest not wanting (quite understandably) to use the somewhat rough track down by the fence and instead run down via the verge alongside the track.
So, I am aware that the group were asked to keep this strip clear and this seemed to be construed as the officals being awkward.
I do apologise if some of the group had this perception but assure you we would not wish to affect the enjoyment of the event for those attending.
I will certainly take the comments back to our MGs in the Park organising committee.

That said, thanks again for coming along to the Wildlife Park and adding a great deal of interest to the day.

John
Oxfordshire MG Owners Club
JEK

Back to top Go down

MGs In The Park - 27th May 2012 - Page 3 Empty Nice work yesterday!

Post  TobyW7 28/5/2012, 9:49 pm

Cheers for letting us tag along in convoy. Nice work - had a great time as did my mate Tim.

I'm probably posting somewhere where no one will read this, but not sure if I'm a member or not Neutral

Nice work!

Toby
TobyW7
TobyW7

http://www.tobywhite.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony 29/5/2012, 3:48 am

JEK wrote:I do apologise if some of the group had this perception but assure you we would not wish to affect the enjoyment of the event for those attending.
I will certainly take the comments back to our MGs in the Park organising committee.
Thanks for stopping by John and thanks to Oxon MGOC for a great day out. If the P.O.O. lane had been coned off first thing in the morning before anyone else arrived, there would have been no confusion and no problem. That would be my only suggestion for improvement next year.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 29/5/2012, 3:50 am

Glad you all had a good day, I was up to my neck in building decking in the garden. Still got a long way to go on that - circa 8mtr by 5mtr, irregular shape on ground that ressembeles a rough sea in terms of level.

When is the next outing? I am determined to get some MGing in the rest of the summer!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  JEK 29/5/2012, 6:56 am

Tony wrote:
JEK wrote:I do apologise if some of the group had this perception but assure you we would not wish to affect the enjoyment of the event for those attending.
Thanks for stopping by John and thanks to Oxon MGOC for a great day out. If the P.O.O. lane had been coned off first thing in the morning before anyone else arrived, there would have been no confusion and no problem. That would be my only suggestion for improvement next year.

Hi Tony,
I agree with you and the annoying thing is that it should have been done first thing but the Park opened just after 09.15 instead of 10.00 and caught us on the hop a bit. The guy running the Pride of Ownership hijacked the cones and I was contacted by our man in charge of the parking to get someone to get them put down the lane beside the fence as we had originally planned. Embarassed
We will make sure that this does not ocurr again.
As it is, perhaps you guys may prefer to be further along towards the middle next time as there are many of you and you might find it a more suitable spot. See what the club members think for next year's event.

JEK

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs 29/5/2012, 9:33 am

JEK wrote:
Tony wrote:

Hi Tony,
I agree with you and the annoying thing is that it should have been done first thing but the Park opened just after 09.15 instead of 10.00 and caught us on the hop a bit. The guy running the Pride of Ownership hijacked the cones and I was contacted by our man in charge of the parking to get someone to get them put down the lane beside the fence as we had originally planned. Embarassed
We will make sure that this does not ocurr again.
As it is, perhaps you guys may prefer to be further along towards the middle next time as there are many of you and you might find it a more suitable spot. See what the club members think for next year's event.

Perhaps offer a designated parking spot with X amount of allocated spaces for car clubs that sign up for them. This may make it easier
Benjs
Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 4/6/2012, 6:32 am

Thanks to Hellen & Andy for taking these pics - A nice mix showing all the cars that joined our display...

CLICK HERE!
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3