Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe??

2 posters

Go down

The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? Empty The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe??

Post  Sambomonkee 13/4/2012, 4:40 am

Just putting new bits on like the new water pump (allot easier without a head), but just spotted something floating around in the block coolant ways, managed to fish it out and and inch of rubber came out!!. Looks like a bit off a hose or washer. It just the right size to block the water ways, so maybe that was the cause, and me blasting my hose around it just move it. Bit like truckers arteries. So maybe the head hasket failure may be a blessing in disguise (well that's what I'm telling myself)

Hopefully the new head turns up tomorrow, so over the weekend its slow be steadily re-assemble the engine.

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? Empty Re: The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe??

Post  Matt Parker 13/4/2012, 7:58 am

Fingers crossed then Smile

The thing is you have to figure out where and how it got into the system in the first place scratch
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe?? Empty Re: The Orginal reason why the ZT overheated maybe??

Post  Sambomonkee 13/4/2012, 7:39 pm

Yeah I was thinking about that, I'm not even sure its car related rubber.
So either:-

1. I dropped it in there when I covered the block up with a cloth
2. It was dropped in there when they last changed head gasket 2 years ago
3. Got in there from a water pump change last year
4. Dropped in the expansion tank but some dope.

Who knows scratch
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum