Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6

3 posters

Go down

Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 Empty Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6

Post  Sambomonkee 30/1/2012, 2:50 am

This was terrifying, I got the plenum off, label up all connections, got the fuel rail off, got the front inlet manifold off. I could now access the stat, but would it shift, hell no, I could not make it budge at all. So though would give up for the day.

On putting the fuel rail back on I had not realised that there was little O rings, they had stuck in the fuel rail. So when I started it it up, fuel squirted everywhere, enough for it to drip onto the floor, oops. Also getting the new gasket to stay put when putting the manifold back on what a PITA.

SO removed it all again prised the o rings out of the fuel rail and put them on the injectors where they was meant to be.

Put it all back together again, dropped many a bolt into the "v", you need a magnet tool for this job!! 5 Hours from start to finish and still have a knackered stat Sad

I reckon I could do this job, but has anybody got any idea out the get the stat housing out of its hole, its it just brute force or what?

Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 Empty Re: Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6

Post  cejsmith 30/1/2012, 5:35 am

mate I feel your pain.

Three hours trying to undo two bolts and I gave up!!!! Sad
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6 Empty Re: Just had a go and replacing the stat on a kv6

Post  Sambomonkee 30/1/2012, 5:38 am

Lets swap jobs, you do my stat and ill do your ecu
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 30/1/2012, 5:46 am

Not sure about that, my job should be really easy ( even though I cant seem to undo 2 torx bolts), yours actually sounds quite hard.

May buy a dremel and cut the heads off!!!!
cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 30/1/2012, 6:11 am

I have a screw driver that you can attach a rachet too, make stupid screws a doodle, any good to you
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith 30/1/2012, 6:39 am

Sambomonkee wrote:I have a screw driver that you can attach a rachet too, make stupid screws a doodle, any good to you

The problem is they are torx security bolts and for some reason none of the bits I have fit, I think the nipple in the middle is to big( never thought I would say that Surprised )

cejsmith
cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee 30/1/2012, 6:44 am

I have torx security bits in all sizes, I used them on zr maf sensor

Also know you can buy rover torx bits, but you can try mine first if you want
Sambomonkee
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker 30/1/2012, 8:47 am

You've had fun then Smile

To get the stat out of the engine you may have to spray it with some wd40 around the joint and then wiggle and pull at it at the same time, sometimes some gentle persuasion helps in the form of a pry bar etc levering it away from the engine to pry it out of the housing.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down