Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue?

3 posters

Go down

Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? Empty Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue?

Post  StevePem 9/12/2011, 4:44 am

My rear nearside seatbelt buckle/catch does not work. I tried all the fiddling and poking with it as suggested by Matt but can't get the catch to work.

I was going to swap it over with the buckle end from the centre lap belt and replace that one before MoT time.

Then I thought, if I remove the lap belt altogether, is that an MoT fail.? i.e. will the MoT test check if all belts as per standard spec are present, or for the central belt, will they only check if it works if one is present?
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? Empty Re: Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue?

Post  Matt Parker 9/12/2011, 9:20 am

As long as you remove the lap belt completely as in remove the buckle and remove the strap then it is not a problem, just make sure that both outer 3 point inertia belts are working correctly Smile

If you get a tester that thinks they will fail it for not having a centre seat belt fitted then you state to them that you do not carry any more than 3 passengers in the vehicle and have no use for the centre belt, mainly due to the fact its too tight for a 3rd person in the back so you see it as no point having it there.

The ruling goes, if an item is fitted then it must be fully tested including all areas and items that it affected/linked by this, If an item is not and you are un-sure of it true presence then you pass and advise.
Matt Parker
Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue? Empty Re: Is removing centre lap belt an MoT issue?

Post  StevePem 10/12/2011, 2:48 am

Cheers Matt

I will definitely use the lap buckle to replace the dodgy 3 point one and remove the lap strap also, it is always in the way!
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 10/12/2011, 3:57 am

Have you not got the clip on the top of the seat that keeps the belt tidy?
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem 10/12/2011, 3:59 am

Yes but that does not work properly either - belt keeps falling out of it
StevePem
StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down