[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

MG ZR TD+ (140ishbhp) Trophy Blue 49K

Go down

MG ZR TD+ (140ishbhp) Trophy Blue 49K

Post  Sambomonkee on 7/9/2011, 10:59 pm

£2050

Photos to follow

2.0 litre turbo diesel MG ZR, on a 2002 52 plate.
The car has 49,000 miles on the clock & has had only 5 owners from new (Although two of these where dealers), so really only 3. I bought it off a horse dealer!!! it was PX'ed in for a horse.

It is in good condition both inside & out.
The inside condition is like a new car, I have also added a new clock, that records internal and external temperature as the original rover designed clock only tells the time. It has Half leather seats and does feel like a newer car. The aircon is working and I have had this re-gased a few months ago. As well as AC it also has a electric tilt slide sunroof.

This car is a CAT D car, it had a front end knock on the right hand corner, very minor, the only sign now is that that corner of the bumper is a slightly lighter shade where it was repaired, you can only see it in certain light angles but I have to mention it. The water bottle leaked, it was cracked in the crash I guess, but the repair of just sticking mastic over the cracks had stated to fail so I changed the whole bottle.

The alloys are OK, but have been scrubbed but look good from a distance. The car has the odd small scratch but the paint work in trophy blue does really look good, and is my favorite MG colour. Tyres are all good, and I have had the tracking done to make sure they stay that way.

The car was remapped by the previous owner, who claims it now gets 55mpg (I achieved 42mpg, with a heavy foot), and 140BHP, whilst I cannot comment on if it is that much it is a very fast car, and gives my MGF VVC a run for its money.

I am very reluctant to sell, but need a clio DCI now for lower insurance and and a high MPG.

A new clutch has just been fitted at around 40K, but I have no proof of this unfortunately.. The car had with full service history before it was CAT- D but, the proof disappears with the insurance company when the claim all of the documents.

I have had every niggle and issue resolved on it so it is now perfect running order, see below for works I have carried out.

Cam Belt New 9-Jun-2011 £280.00
Aux Belt New 9-Jun-2011 See above
Oil/Air/Oil Filter New 9-Jun-2011
MAF Compensator New 9-Jun-2011 DIY £89.00
(Common issue on the TD's, but this little gadget solves the problem see http://tuning-diesels.com/Mafam/maproject.htm)
Tracking New 10-Jun-2011 Garage £25.00
Washer Bottle Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £5.00
Centre arm rest Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £5.00
New Aerial Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £0.00
Long Intercooler Hs Used 18-Jun-2011 DIY £12.50
Diff seals Both Sides New 15-Jun-2011 Garage £110.00
Heater Resistor Pack New 18-Jun-2011 DIY £13.98
Air Con Recharge New 16-Jun-2011 DIY £50.00
Wheel Beads Fixed New 27-Jun-2011 Garage £30.00

Receipts available for all of this work. Including instructions for MAF compensator
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum