Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008

+9
uk kiwis
Stu
Captain Jack
darrenzs
Dark Knight
M77XNE
dressur
daved
Rich
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008

Post  Guest 21/5/2008, 10:58 pm

PaulMGTF160 wrote:yh and hoping for a couple of new oxford members to sign up soon who said they'd be interested so. both up bicester way!!

Great news Paul, keep up the good work!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pub Meet in Beds - 8th June 2008

Post  Captain Jack 22/5/2008, 4:56 am

Definatley coming now! After heated words with the boss bout all the wkends i seem to be working, was agreed that id be off for that one! Now just to work on him so i can be off for the MGFest Very Happy
.............................................one down one to go.........................................................................
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 6:18 am

marcus mgf wrote:Definatley coming now! After heated words with the boss bout all the wkends i seem to be working, was agreed that id be off for that one! Now just to work on him so i can be off for the MGFest Very Happy
.............................................one down one to go.........................................................................
Excellent news Marcus, lets hope your boss is feeling kind!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 22/5/2008, 6:21 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:yh and hoping for a couple of new oxford members to sign up soon who said they'd be interested so. both up bicester way!!

Teachers pet!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 22/5/2008, 6:50 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:oh yh and you do know when you convoy your not alloyed to take the most direct route there and getting lost is part of it too. Isnt that right Rich?

Your first comment is correct. We bought these cars to drive, not just to use as a means of travel to the pub! Your second comment is wrong... We got to the last meeting in good time and with the amount of cars and the places we had to tackle, many said what an excellent run it was.... so there!
Nur Nur Ni Nur Nur!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 22/5/2008, 8:17 am

Rich Stone wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:oh yh and you do know when you convoy your not alloyed to take the most direct route there and getting lost is part of it too. Isnt that right Rich?

Your first comment is correct. We bought these cars to drive, not just to use as a means of travel to the pub! Your second comment is wrong... We got to the last meeting in good time and with the amount of cars and the places we had to tackle, many said what an excellent run it was.... so there!
Nur Nur Ni Nur Nur!

Rich

My run didn't get lost, but am I right in thinking you drove quite a long way down a road, and turned around and came back??? Dangle carrot
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 22/5/2008, 5:10 pm

scubastewart wrote:My run didn't get lost, but am I right in thinking you drove quite a long way down a road, and turned around and came back??? Dangle carrot
Well if you call half a mile quite a long way, then guilty. But I got straight to where TomTom told me to go. To the last inch!

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 6:40 pm

marcus mgf wrote:Definatley coming now! After heated words with the boss bout all the wkends i seem to be working, was agreed that id be off for that one! Now just to work on him so i can be off for the MGFest Very Happy

Great News Marcus!! So you have still got a job???????? Shocked
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 22/5/2008, 6:45 pm

Rich Stone wrote:

Nur Nur Ni Nur Nur!

Rich

I think i was just making a point that no maater how close its not good to take the most direct route!!

Our route last tinme was 22 mile direct we did 44 mile in total... Oh and stew great route you picked!!!
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 22/5/2008, 6:55 pm

yeah.lol, still got a job and amazing ive been given a long, long wkend for that week -thurs to monday off!!!! How'd that happen!!!! Cool Surprised Shocked
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 22/5/2008, 7:00 pm

I should make it on the 8th, I'll join the Northants convoy from it's 'mystery' start point ( I assume the Toby!)
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matto 180 3/6/2008, 10:07 am

I see Ally and I are down for the Bucks convoy...

Ally I'm not sure where you are in Bucks? I'm between Wycombe and Amersham and was going to make my way over via Aylesbury.
Matto 180
Matto 180

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 3/6/2008, 10:01 pm

Would everyone be very cross if I ducked out of this Sundays meet - in favour of attaching my new bonnet! It arrives Sunday morning at about 11!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick 3/6/2008, 10:22 pm

Yes we would.................cant you get it delivered to the pub and swap it over there Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 4/6/2008, 5:35 am

Nick wrote:Yes we would.................cant you get it delivered to the pub and swap it over there Very Happy

Bit too much of an ask when he will have left at 5am to pick it up en route!!

If he decides not to drop it round and I do come - nobody is to laugh, I shall be en route home from a party in Surrey, and may still be in fancy dress!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 5/6/2008, 9:01 am

dressur wrote:Would everyone be very cross if I ducked out of this Sundays meet - in favour of attaching my new bonnet! It arrives Sunday morning at about 11!!
Yes....

If the delivery can be dropped off whilst you are at the pub with us, then I'll be willing to come back via south Bucks and give you a hand to fit it? Won't have any tools with me tho.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 5/6/2008, 4:04 pm

scubastewart wrote:
dressur wrote:Would everyone be very cross if I ducked out of this Sundays meet - in favour of attaching my new bonnet! It arrives Sunday morning at about 11!!
Yes....

If the delivery can be dropped off whilst you are at the pub with us, then I'll be willing to come back via south Bucks and give you a hand to fit it? Won't have any tools with me tho.

I think it would be a bit too cheeky for me not to be there, probably need to buy him a couple of beers! I'd bring him along to the meet - but he doesn't fit in the F!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 5/6/2008, 6:36 pm

Hi All - i won't be on the oxford convoy this sunday, as i'll be in manchester on saturday night! So i will be doing my own Manchester convoy of 1..... Spoke to stew last night down at the lamb & Flag so he knows already!

Hoping to make it there for a good time but i'll let you know on the day if i'm going to make it or not

Paul
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 7/6/2008, 2:11 am

Definitely won't make this one now Sad ,won't get back from abingdon in time(racing with dad) have a good meet,see you at silverstone next week. Very Happy
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/6/2008, 4:00 am

Ok, I've scrapped the Oxford convoy as it's now just me!

I will either meet you all at the pub, or join the Northamtpon convoy. What time are Northampton lot meeting up and where?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 7/6/2008, 4:20 am

Probably at the Toby Stu.

Max, are we meeting in advance? At the petrol station or the Priory Laughing

I might be late-ish....................Moira is coming again Shocked

Cheers

Dave
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/6/2008, 4:22 am

Ok, thanks.

Thinking bout it, Max are you doing anything tomorrow night? Fancy another night of drinking? If so, could go out after doing your car. Don't worry if you already have plans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 7/6/2008, 4:57 am

Don't ask Max out on line...............she never replies even after asking all her SMS colleagues how to decline!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/6/2008, 5:01 am

daved wrote:Don't ask Max out on line...............she never replies even after asking all her SMS colleagues how to decline!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That must be why she is ignoring me!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 7/6/2008, 5:59 am

scubastewart wrote:
daved wrote:Don't ask Max out on line...............she never replies even after asking all her SMS colleagues how to decline!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

That must be why she is ignoring me!!!!

Poor Stew - one day your princess will come!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next