Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet!

4 posters

Go down

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! Empty The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet!

Post  Rich 26/4/2010, 8:23 am

It's going to be the first all new MG to come out of Longbridge since it's rebirth under the Chinese ownership, and it looks like this:

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! Ca2b1c5d

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! B3b5d554

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! 91628fde

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! Dce194e2

We will of course be welcoming owners of the new cars to our fold!

Rich

Images Copyright (C) 2010 MG Motor UK Ltd.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! Empty Re: The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet!

Post  Tony 26/4/2010, 9:03 am

As I've said before, I quite like the shape in the context of a mid sized family car but can't help feeling it's just a bit safe for an MG sports saloon. Hopefully it won't be too long before we have an SMS member with one at a meet so I can check it out properly.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! Empty Re: The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet!

Post  Rich 26/4/2010, 9:09 am

I agree. I may possibly be persuaded later but at the moment I just see a run-of-the-mill family hatchback/coupe with an MG badge stuck on the front. It just doesn't seem to gel with the MG heritage. It's a new direction I know but it shares nothing with it's predecessors except for the octagon. It doesn't even share a door handle or dashboard switch!

Rich
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 26/4/2010, 9:26 am

Looks like a cheap imitation of the new Volvo S60 to me The MG6... Just in case you haven't seen it yet! 540801
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 28/4/2010, 6:32 am

Rich wrote:I agree. I may possibly be persuaded later but at the moment I just see a run-of-the-mill family hatchback/coupe with an MG badge stuck on the front. It just doesn't seem to gel with the MG heritage. It's a new direction I know but it shares nothing with it's predecessors except for the octagon. It doesn't even share a door handle or dashboard switch!

Rich

Please see my comments on the Zero thread.

Re your comment "It doesn't even share a door handle or dashboard switch!" Is that a bad thing? Maybe the doors won't fail to open and cause you to wreck the door card Embarassed

Scott the Scot!
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum