Southmids Sportsters Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 2017 MG Summer Meeting in the Dolomites
Windstops I_icon_minitime12/1/2017, 8:16 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Roadhalo
Windstops I_icon_minitime7/1/2017, 1:56 am by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux August Competition
Windstops I_icon_minitime16/9/2016, 10:16 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Adrian Flux Spring Forum Competition
Windstops I_icon_minitime1/4/2016, 7:52 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» 2016 MG Spring Meeting in the Dolomites
Windstops I_icon_minitime20/1/2016, 8:46 pm by chrisco59

» Adrian Flux - Christmas 2015 Opening Hours
Windstops I_icon_minitime8/12/2015, 8:20 pm by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

» Sywell Pistons and Props - Details?
Windstops I_icon_minitime21/9/2015, 12:17 am by StevePem

» Autumn Weekender - September 12th & 13th 2015
Windstops I_icon_minitime25/8/2015, 3:22 am by Rich

» MGF20 - Anybody going?
Windstops I_icon_minitime25/7/2015, 3:24 am by StevePem

» October 2015 - Invitation to Mg’rs based in UK to join us in South Tyrol
Windstops I_icon_minitime11/7/2015, 7:46 am by chrisco59

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 275 on 8/4/2021, 5:19 am

Windstops

+5
Stu
dressur
Dark Knight
Rich
brawnster
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Windstops Empty Windstops

Post  brawnster 18/5/2008, 3:48 am

Rich & Stewart,

Thank's for the photos for replacing the oil gauge bulb,Stewart. I will have a go at doing it tomorrow,sorry if Im a pain but I didnt want to pull of the wrong connecter. Rich I bought a windstop from the MG shop at Swavesy,one that did not need any drilling to the T bar,and it fits fine,and looks good,so roll on the sunny weather so that we can get out with the top down.We have booked our tickets for Silverstone,is there going to be a convoy to it as that would be great.Maxinne did you get your head gasket problem sorted out?,sorry to hear about it,but hopefully your back to full speed again.Our friends,John White and Pat Liggins who have a British Racing Green F also had theirs go last Saturday on the A45 near White Arches motorhome centre,the first they knew about it was when a lorry behind them started flashing its lights,and by then there was steam and smoke coming out the back,as yet they dont know how bad things are as the garage hasn,t started on it yet,hopefully this week,as their are desperate to go to Silverstone in it.

Hope to chat to you all soon in the chat room.

Roy Brawn
brawnster

Back to top Go down

Windstops Empty Re: Windstops

Post  Rich 18/5/2008, 4:08 am

Good to hear you have sorted out a windstop. Improves the ride enjoyment no end and I certainly wouldn't want to be without mine!

As far as the other news is concerned check out here for Maxine's updates, and with regards Silverstone, nothing has been sorted yet as myself and Stewart are both working there so won't be able to arrange anything. However, somebody else here is bound to sort something. Keep checking here for updates on events.

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 18/5/2008, 4:12 am

can i just ask how many of you on here have windstops? i'm considering getting one and just wondered how many of you would recomend one? Plus how easy are they to fit?
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Windstops Empty Wind Stops

Post  brawnster 18/5/2008, 4:27 am

Paul
The one we got from Swavesy was really easy,although the instruction leaflet wasn,t much help,but if I can fit one anyone can. Very Happy
brawnster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/5/2008, 4:36 am

PaulMGTF160 wrote:can i just ask how many of you on here have windstops? i'm considering getting one and just wondered how many of you would recomend one? Plus how easy are they to fit?
I think just about everyone on here has got one! Essential accessory on an F/TF...

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 18/5/2008, 5:29 am

Rich Stone wrote:
PaulMGTF160 wrote:can i just ask how many of you on here have windstops? i'm considering getting one and just wondered how many of you would recomend one? Plus how easy are they to fit?
I think just about everyone on here has got one! Essential accessory on an F/TF...

Rich.

Pfff! I don't have one..I like the twister effect!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight 18/5/2008, 5:37 am

dressur wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:

Rich.

Pfff! I don't have one..I like the twister effect!

so i'm not the only one Laughing
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 18/5/2008, 6:08 am

You're not the only one..........me neither! I have thought alot about it recently i have to say,cos when it's chilly you don't 'arf get a stiff neck.However,have always quite liked the cubby hole behind for coats etc on weekends away,without having to get in the boot and thought i would miss the space.

Quite like the no drilling might have a look others..........
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 18/5/2008, 6:15 am

mgffred wrote:... have always quite liked the cubby hole behind for coats etc on weekends away,without having to get in the boot and thought i would miss the space...
You won't lose any space... Most of them fold down and you can still throw your coat on top.

Mine is a Brown & Gammons one and, like the MGOC one, requires no drilling and is easy to fit and adjust. You're welcome to check it out.

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu 18/5/2008, 6:47 am

Will def have a look tommorrow Rich Cool
Stu
Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 18/5/2008, 7:10 am

brawnster wrote:Rich & Stewart,

Thank's for the photos for replacing the oil gauge bulb,Stewart. I will have a go at doing it tomorrow,sorry if Im a pain but I didnt want to pull of the wrong connecter. Rich I bought a windstop from the MG shop at Swavesy,one that did not need any drilling to the T bar,and it fits fine,and looks good,so roll on the sunny weather so that we can get out with the top down.We have booked our tickets for Silverstone,is there going to be a convoy to it as that would be great.Maxinne did you get your head gasket problem sorted out?,sorry to hear about it,but hopefully your back to full speed again.Our friends,John White and Pat Liggins who have a British Racing Green F also had theirs go last Saturday on the A45 near White Arches motorhome centre,the first they knew about it was when a lorry behind them started flashing its lights,and by then there was steam and smoke coming out the back,as yet they dont know how bad things are as the garage hasn,t started on it yet,hopefully this week,as their are desperate to go to Silverstone in it.

Hope to chat to you all soon in the chat room.

Roy Brawn
Hiya Roy, no problem. If you want any help, just give me a shout at the next meet/event.

Sad news about John and Pat's F, hope they get it sorted soon.

As for Windstops, I couldn't live without mine! It's the only way I can smoke doing 90 70 on the motorway with the roof down!! Very Happy

I have the MGF Centre Plexiglass one, and I do have issues with it, so will be modifying it to improve the way it fixes on, and to stop it from squeaking, but it doesn't require any drilling, and I think looks a lot nicer than the mesh ones. Plus being plexiglass, it means it is more space for me to put stickers!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Windstops Windstop2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 18/5/2008, 7:14 am

scubastewart wrote:As for Windstops, I couldn't live without mine! It's the only way I can smoke doing 90 70 on the motorway with the roof down!! Very Happy

Sold to the lady with half a Marlboro Light up her left nostril!! Do they really make that much difference?
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 18/5/2008, 7:09 pm

dressur wrote:
Sold to the lady with half a Marlboro Light up her left nostril!! Do they really make that much difference?
Yep, you can also have a conversation with a passenger!!! Although, with my car these days, that's quite hard due to the noise it now makes! I leave my windstop in place the whole time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 19/5/2008, 3:58 am

dressur wrote:
scubastewart wrote:As for Windstops, I couldn't live without mine! It's the only way I can smoke doing 90 70 on the motorway with the roof down!! Very Happy

yes they do Ally.......you wind the window down a bit like in a tin top and puff away......only occasionally getting some blowback!! Laugh my a**e off! Laugh my a**e off!
Lee121
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/5/2008, 4:58 am

puds121 wrote:
dressur wrote:

yes they do Ally.......you wind the window down a bit like in a tin top and puff away......only occasionally getting some blowback!! Laugh my a**e off! Laugh my a**e off!

I'm already doing the research!! Can hear my credit card screaming quietly to itself!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  daved 19/5/2008, 5:23 am

Ally, if you don't fancy drilling holes in the car, the mesh type from the MGOC doesn't reqiure it. Takes about half an hour to fit too.
daved
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/5/2008, 5:31 am

I'm torn - the mesh ones are easier, but like the plexi ones! and I do rather like attacking things with power tools!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich 19/5/2008, 5:59 am

Brown & Gammons - www.ukmgparts.com - Search for item BGF500C

MG Owners' Club - http://www.mgocaccessories.co.uk/acatalog/MGF_INTERIORS.html - scroll about 2/3 down

Hope that helps to get you started...

Rich.
Rich
Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/5/2008, 6:23 am

Rich Stone wrote:Brown & Gammons - www.ukmgparts.com - Search for item BGF500C

MG Owners' Club - http://www.mgocaccessories.co.uk/acatalog/MGF_INTERIORS.html - scroll about 2/3 down

Hope that helps to get you started...

Rich.

The scrolling down bit was a big mistake - Have just mentally spent about a grand!!
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/5/2008, 7:11 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/5/2008, 7:15 am

Or you could be really flashy and go for this one! I've been thinking about changing to this for quite a while, and still tempted!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGTF-MG-TF-MGF-Wind-Deflector-Windstop-Stop-Breaker-LED_W0QQitemZ140228920085QQihZ004QQcategoryZ27380QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Windstops 2002535914951693708_fs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE 19/5/2008, 7:18 am

Oh gosh!! Shocked
M77XNE
M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur 19/5/2008, 7:22 am

scubastewart wrote:Or you could be really flashy and go for this one! I've been thinking about changing to this for quite a while, and still tempted!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MGTF-MG-TF-MGF-Wind-Deflector-Windstop-Stop-Breaker-LED_W0QQitemZ140228920085QQihZ004QQcategoryZ27380QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I've already looked at that one - kinda tempted by the white light one!

Would it make me a chav though?
dressur
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/5/2008, 7:25 am

dressur wrote:
Would it make me a chav though?

Yes!!!

But, i'm tempted, so maybe not!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Jack 19/5/2008, 8:50 am

thats the one ive been eyeballin' for a while! and in blue too, cos i think red 'll be lost with the rest of the car
Captain Jack
Captain Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum